While dabbling on the lovely Pinterest, I came across this sweet little recipe I thought I would try from WonkyWonderful.com. It turns out to be quite simple and great for almost any occasion in the Fall and Winter months. You could serve it as an appetizer, with your main dish, or even after dinner because it is just that sweet. Next time, I may go a bit lighter on the marshmallow topping, but other than that I wouldn’t change a thing!
You Will Need:
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, Peeled
- Bag of Marshmallows
- Olive Oil
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper (optional)
- Peel and slice the sweet potatoes diagonally. You may use a mandolin if you have one with a 1/4 to 1/2in slice
- Place sweet potato slices on a parchment covered baking sheet and brush each side with olive oil
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, flipping slices over halfway
- While the potatoes are cooking, place bag of marshmallows in freezer for about 10-15 minutes. This will make them easier to slice
- Once firm, use a serrated or bread knife to cut the marshmallows into thirds
- Once sweet potatoes are finished, remove from oven and place marshmallows on top. Broil for 40-60 seconds. Make sure to keep a close eye on them, they will burn easily.
- Once toasted, remove from oven and place a pecan on top of each sweet potato.
- Serve and enjoy!!