I have been on periscope for a few months now. It is mind-blowing! I have met friends, created contacts and learned so much valuable information about life, social media and blogging. I would like to share some of the wonderful tips I have learned from some of my scope peeps!
My personal thoughts and take aways:
- If you don’t have it, download it ASAP even if you don’t plan on making a video, it is better than watching tv or Netflix for that matter.
- You will find the most inspiring people from around the world on here… LIVE.
- It is a great way to interact with alike entrepreneurs.
- Scope when you feel inspired even if you can only hop on for one minute.
- Save your scopes by #save in your title or turn it on in settings.
- Choose a creative title when you play your broadcasts.
- Share scopes you love with your friends and followers by swiping right and hitting the share button.
- Acknowledge people that are arriving into the scope and ask your viewers questions!
- Be yourself, tell viewers about yourself, ask for hearts and feedback.
- It helps to have a few notes or an outline to help yourself stay on track of a topic or for reference when your viewers are interacting less.
What I have learned from following others:
- Be true to yourself and your brand.
- Ignore the Todd’s! Todd is a name made up for all of the creeps on Periscope. You will frequently hear scopers saying “BYE TODD” lol
- Be social. Interact with your followers and people you follow.
- Be careful how much you share, you are still on the internet. Exact location, your children, the outside of your home etc.
- Team up with your friends and people who inspire you to share content.
- You can save your videos and upload them to your YouTube channel.
- Do not drown your instagram feed with posts that are irrelevant to your brand. Even if they offer you a substational amount of money.
- Do not minimize your worth. Blogging, photographing and creating content take time. Charge for your time and skills.
- Do Facebook live and periscope at the same time. They are both new so grow both of them together.
- Treat periscope like a conversation!
Perisciope is not just for bloggers. It is also a great tool for business owners to promote their company or just to interact with alike people all over the world. I urge you to check it out! Feel free to email me with any questions! I hope to see you on scope soon!
Follow along @NoshOnPosh