These are the cutest little things ever, and super easy to make! You can even color them, or flavor them as well.
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cream of tarter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Black Gel Pen
- Sprinkles for display
- NOTE: when making meringues, make sure the eggs are at room temperature and you do not make them on a humid day!
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Beat egg whites and cream of tarter together with an electric mixer or kitchen aid on medium, until frothy. (Make sure NOT to get any yokes in the whites!)
- Beat in the sugar, I also added a tbsp of vanilla extract. Beat until stiff peaks form, 5-6 minutes
- Transfer meringue into a pastry bag, a large freezer bag works as well if you do not have one. I did not use a tip, and found a large round hole works best.
- Pipe 1 inch swirls onto parchment paper leaving 1/2 inch in between for rising room.
- Bake until Dry. Mine took almost 2 hours because I made them rather large.
- It is important not to open the oven during the cooking process
- Transfer onto a baking rack and let cool completely
- Draw eyes and mouth using gel pen
- Coat a serving platter with your jimmies, and place ghosts on top
- Serve and Enjoy!