I love this orange sorbet!! It looks amazing to eat and let’s be honest, who doesn’t like anything related to ice cream?! If we don’t forget them in the freezer, which we have done in years past and eaten them for dessert, these should be served just before dinner. Usually they are needed after a days worth of appetizers! They are not very difficult and VERY kid friendly! Perfect for any occasion or party, but are a tradition in my house for Thanksgiving!
You Will Need:
-Oranges (1 for each guest)
– Sorbet, I prefer raspberry personally but any flavor will work
– Maraschino cherries
– Curly lettuce for plating
1. Scoop out most of the orange, and I usually save it for a waldorf salad, or a fresh cup of juice.
2. Cut a small slice off of the bottom of the orange in order for it to stand upright
3. Fill the orange with sorbet, and round the top to make it look like ice cream
4. Place a cherry on top!
5. Freeze it for a few hours to firm, and you are ready to go!
*The best part is these will stay in the freezer for a while, so you can make them in advance!